Last updated on 20 Jan, 2023
About this notice
This policy notice describes how we collect and process personal data when an individual (“data subject”) uses our website www.jc-cleaning-services.co.uk, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”) and Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”).
Who we are and how you can contact us
This website is operated by JC Cleaning company. Our registered office address is at 169 Cardiff Road, RG1 8HD. JC Cleaning is a company that introduces vetted, verify and insured local domestic cleaners to customers who require a regular weekly/fortnightly or one-off domestic cleaning service.
- Cleaning service preferences – clean day/time and service requirements such as frequency of service, number of hours per clean, etc.
Information we may collect from you
Information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description, details of your household or business, details of any pets you may have and any information about you or your property revealed in photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings of you or your property and any persons or objects therewith which you provide to us or which the service provider takes or records before, during and/or after the provision of the services in accordance with the terms and conditions of the services and any other information that you choose to provide voluntarily, when you:
- register with us and log in through our website
- create an account in our website
- submit a booking enquiry through our website
- make a booking/order through our website, and during the service itself
- complete contact or enquiry forms on, or otherwise provide information via, our website
- subscribe to receive any newsletter we may offer from time to time
- complete any voluntary surveys we may ask you to participate in from time to time
- send feedback to us via our website
- respond to our marketing communications
- correspond with us by telephone, post or email or via the instant chat function on our website (in which case we will keep a record of that correspondence)
- report a problem with any of our Services
How we may use your information
- to administer any account you may have with us
- to manage your booking or respond to booking enquiry and to arrange the performance of services by your service provider
- to occasionally provide you with co-branded and joint offerings in the form of products or services
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about us or the Services
- to give you the ability to interact with any service features on our website when you choose to do so, for instance with your online account and all of its features, our real-time chat service, our online booking system, and more
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about any changes to our Terms or our Services, to communicate any information about your booking with you and to send you any account-related information and announcements
- to ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and/or device
Specifically, we will provide your data to the desired cleaner who is allocated to provide services to you, for the purpose of providing those services. This information may include (i) your name, address and contact details; (ii) the details about your property and the services you require, together with any relevant photographs you may have provided; (iii) the non-binding quote we have provided to you; and (iv) your payment details.
When we will share your personal data with others
If you are a customer who has signed up for a cleaning service, we will share your personal data with the following recipience: –
- The domestic cleaner who will provide your cleaning service. This will include each domestic cleaner you choose to interview prior to starting a cleaning service and each domestic cleaner who may provide you temporary cover if you have requested one should your regular cleaner be unavailable. The personal data we will share with a domestic cleaner is limited to your name, the address of the property where a cleaning service is required, and your preferred contact telephone number.
- When you are paying for a service by credit or debit card, we will share your payment-related information (such as credit or debit card number, purchase amount, date of purchase, name, email, billing address, phone number, IP, location and other device details and in some cases, your transaction history to authenticate you) with entities we have engaged to process payments and provide similar financial services (for example fraud prevention). In any such case, the service providers are allowed to process only the information solely for the purposes necessary to perform the requested service.
How we keep your personal data safe
JC Cleaning takes reasonable security measures to ensure that your personal data is kept safe. The security measures we take are:
- Our data center provider is based within the UK and is both ISO27001 certificated and PCI DSS compliant. This validates that the data center has sufficient technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data.
- Only persons authorised by us will have access to your personal data on a ‘need-to-know’ basis only to perform their job role e.g. database administrator, or web developer. We protect access using IT access controls such as user account permissions and strong passwords.
- We apply the latest security patches to our IT systems in line with manufacturers’ recommendations.
- We take regular daily backups. These are encrypted and kept at a separate secure location.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can also exercise this right at any time by accessing the preference center in your online account or by contacting us using the contact details on Contact us.
The General Data Protection Regulation also grants you the rights: to know about and access the information we hold about you, to request changes to your personal information if it is erroneous or misrepresents you in any way and to request a copy of your personal data, ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data, or to have us completely erase it.
Additionally, you can limit the personal information you share. The only way we collect personal information is when you provide it to us voluntary. You can choose to browse some parts of the JC Cleaning website without ever creating an account, purchasing a service or otherwise submitting personal information to us. Any personal information that is given to us will generally be retained for as long as your account is active or for as long as it is necessary to provide a service or operate our business, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you have more questions or you want to exercise any of your rights, contact our team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then review your request and get back to you within 30 days.
How you can make a complaint
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner (“ICO”), and our data protection representatives.
We’d be grateful if you’d allow us to address your complaint or concern in the first instance by emailing email@example.com.
How we keep this privacy notice up to date